Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film paired with dude food
Starring Megan Fox, Will Arnett & Johnny Knoxville
Find out what the heck happens here: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles plot.
You’ll have to forgive me for this starter but I just HAD to include it. I seriously can’t believe some people actually eat turtles, it turns my stomach with sadness. So to go with this film and avoid animal cruelty, we’re eating Mock Turtle Soup from Louisiana Kitchen and Culture.
So I saw this film with my 10-year-old son in a movie theatre we had all to ourselves, can you believe it? So it was a pretty special experience. On the positive side I absolutely loved the action sequences that were WILD! They kept me on the edge of my seat, that’s for sure.
The turtles were fantastic, the animation of them and other characters, flawless. And I must admit I chuckled out loud a few times, as did my little/big man. So all in all I really enjoyed this film but there were a few things that go my goat, so to speak.
Now, Megan Fox is a gorgeous looking lady, there’s no denying that, but I really thought her acting was super-poor. It seemed like she was posing more than actually feeling the emotion required for each scene. I found her very plastic. And as much as I absolutely adore Will Arnett, his performance was pretty awkward and Whoopi Goldberg was fairly poor too! So, was it a lack of passion for the film on the part of these performers or was the script badly written? Not sure. The turtles sure saved this movie and the action kept you hanging in but as for acting … “Meh!” See for yourself.
Yes! We’re having a main meal as well as an entree. Fancy, aren’t we? Now, what else would a funky TMNT eat but his/their favourite, PIZZA! Woot! Now, in the movie, Michelangelo could not resist a 3 cheese pizza, good old Splinter waved in front of his face. So that’s what’s on our menu: 4 Cheese Pizza recipe from Sally’s Baking Addiction.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles trivia:
- Written in Japanese on Raphael’s shell is the name, Mikey! Hmmm, I wonder who wrote that?! Trickster.
- April O’Neil’s yellow jacket is harking back to her fancy yellow jumpsuit in a previous movie.
- Whoopi Goldberg had always dreamed of being in a TMNT movie… really?
- Vernon (Will Arnett) makes a mustard and cheese sandwich as a reference to Arnett’s character in Arrested Development who made an identical snack.
- The Foot Clan peeps were cast from ordinary people at the 25th Anniversary Shell-Ebration in L.A.
- Pete Ploszek, who plays the Turtle’s leader, Leonardo, is actually the youngest of the four actors.
- The creator of TMNT, Kevin Eastman, makes a cameo appearance as one of the doctors.
- This movie has been released on the 30th anniversary of TMNT.
- Firstly called Ninja Turtles, it was changed when negative feedback was received.
It’s funny but our turtle friends don’t really seem to have a sweet tooth. But I bet they’d love these amazing Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches (green, of course!) from Candy Stilettos.
Tell us your favourite superhero combos (or stand-alones)
More great films to watch and food to eat:
- August: Osage County film paired with family food
- Saving Mr Banks movie matched with Disney-worthy dishes
- L.A Confidential film paired with moreish diner dishes